Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sectionals Can be Chic

Since we are moving our sofas into the (almost) finished basement, we bought a sectional! We have always loved the loungy feel you can get with sectionals. They just welcome you in and seem so cozy. That, to me, is what a family room should be, right? Sectionals sometimes get a bad wrap and I don't know why. But I think there are so many great options that would fit any design style. Here's proof that they are chic...









Here are some quick snapsots of our sectional, bought from a local furniture store...



It's a deep brown color, and we love how soft and comfy it is! There is that huge empty wall staring me in the face, ready to get some new art. But, I really want to be patient with this art and find something we really like. Since I had so many wall holes from the previous gallery wall, I spent a few hours spackling and painting this entire wall, giving it a fresh start. I have learned the hard way, that just painting small patches on the wall gives a different sheen than the rest. Our local paint store clerk advised I just paint the entire wall when recovering patches. It might take the extra effort, but in the end, it's a seamless paint job.

So now, comes the art! I am still thinking about the horse art. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment