Thursday, May 2, 2013

{Choosing Art} I Need Your Help!

I may have said this before, but I can be very indecisive when it comes to the decor of my own home. When working with clients, it's easy for me to choose what I think is right for the space. My own spaces, on the other hand, can be a different story. Maybe it's because I over think too much, when I should just go with my gut feeling. Maybe it's because I will look at it everyday, so I better make sure it's an investment worth having. Either way, I need your advice! We are back on the topic of the art above my sofa that I talked about here. I think I am looking for a hint of nature and one large piece, as opposed to a grouping of art. I love gallery walls as much as the next person, but I just took down our massive gallery wall and want a change. I am thinking about art that is at least 30x40 insize, which can get expensive. The below options, however, are very reasonably priced! To recap the space we are working with, here's the massive empty wall that is begging for some art...

The Empty Wall

Here are some of the options, in no particular order...

Option 1- Equestrian Art

Option 2- Equestrian Art

Option 3- Equestrian Art


Option 4- Equestrian Art

Option 5- Equestrian Art

Option 6- Equestrian Art

If I am thinking about art that might be more meaningful to us, I could go with a snowy landscape, like the option below. After all, we do get snow here almost half of the year! How about that for meaningful art??

Option 7- Snowy Landscape

Coincidentally, this wintery landscape is from the same etsy shop as most of the above equestrian art. I guess I like her style!

It did occur to me though, that I have liked horses for a while. Here is our dining room...


So actually, it wouldn't be that far fetched to add another horse to the mix! Seems I like them already and forgot I did!

Which one gets your vote? Brutal honesty is needed!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment