Thursday, May 23, 2013

Can You Layer Rugs on Wall to Wall Carpet??

A great way to add texture and dimension to a room is by layering rugs. It can also be a very clever way to hide unsitely stains on your carpet. People may be hesitant at first, to layer an area rug over wall to wall carpeting, but it's a great way to add a splash of color and pattern to the floor and sustain the life of your carpet for a bit longer. When I started thinking about this topic, it occurred to me that I already have this look in our master bedroom. When something is there for so long, you tend to get so used to it that you no longer notice it's there. But we have a small oriental rug over our cream wall to wall carpet and I am thinking about doing the same thing in our family room. Our house is almost 20 years old, and the original carpet is still there! {I guess being crazy about having people take their shoes off at the front door pays off.} So to keep the life of the carpet for a few more years, an area rug that is cleverly positioned is the way to go! It can also be a great room divider when you want to create a specific zone within a space.





Source: bhg.com via Shabby on Pinterest






So my answer to this question is YES!! Definitely go for it. I forgot that I already tried this in one room. Now, on to the second!

No comments:

Post a Comment