Saturday, May 25, 2013

Snapshots of Our Family Room

In about one week, we will have our new horse print framed above the sofa! I cannot wait! I chose a gray driftwood looking frame, which will bring out a lot of the color tones in the picture and add to the rustic quality of the print. For now, here is what our family room looks like! I am excited about how this room is coming together. For some reason, it all of a sudden is starting to feel like us. We have done a lot of editing and moving things around lately, and this space is beginning to take shape and truly suit our style.





The coffee table is finally out of storage! We bought it when we lived in Germany. I was on my way home from teaching one afternoon, and there was a vendor outside on the side of the road, selling wood furniture pieces. I pulled over, and bought our first coffee table! It wouldn't fit in my car, so the sweet older couple followed me home and delivered it themselves. I love pieces with special meaning! The basket and lantern vignette was on our dining table, but I think I like it here, instead. The coral runner brings out the pink shade in the suzani print pillow. Now, what should I do for the dining table?? Maybe a large vase of hydrangeas!?! We are entertaining for Memorial Day tomorrow, so the dining room will be full of food, anyway. That will buy me some time to decide what to do. Still to do for this space...

1. Pick up and hang the horse print.
2. Switch out the poly fill pillow inserts for some down inserts.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend, as we celebrate all that the Armed Forces does, has done and will do, to keep our country safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment