Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Jump Start Your Decorating With a Pinterest Board... A Local Client's Lake House Project

I recently had the privilege of meeting with a client who is going through a major gut renovation of her cottage lake house. Her home is nestled on the bay of a beautiful lake. I can just imagine looking out of the windows during the changing of the seasons! What a treat! She hired me to come in and give her a jump start on ideas for her home, so she can hit the ground running. She took advantage of a new local design package that I offer for clients... it's a style session complete with a pinterest board! We had our initial meeting at the cottage and brainstormed ideas. She came ready with all of her questions and we started to get to solving them right away. Then, I came home and began work on a pinterest board just for her. This board will help her get a start on the decorating process and is complete with specific ideas and inspirations for her to complete her cottage herself, over time. She can click on the product links to take her directly to the site for purchase. I also made specific comments under each image, so she can go back and know exactly why the image was pinned to her board. This is a great design package if you are looking for a designer's advice, but you primarily want to accomplish the work yourself over time. My client told me she wanted to hear that her ideas were valid and also wanted the answers to some of the questions that had puzzled her about her home. Here is what the cottage looked like when I visited...

Cottage Lake House


The main entrance is the door to the right

This is an antique mantel that will be used

There will be built ins on either side of the fireplace

Amidst all of the renovation, there sits a little potted plant I brought to give to my client. I always like to come with a small gift in hand.  :)  

This will be the serving counter and dining area 

I love all of the windows and natural light!

This was my first time seeing a project from the ground up like this and I was so excited! The part that made me the most excited was the fact that I could envision this cottage complete. That was such an amazing feeling to walk around and tell her where the furniture should go and how the layout will flow throughout the main floor. This visit, we tackled everything from a wall color scheme to furniture placement, counter finishes, etc. We covered so much during that session. I then came home and got to work on the pinterest board.

Since my client wanted to tackle this project herself over time, this style session/pinterest board design package was perfect for her. It gave her a start on the process and encouragement to move forward with some of her ideas and many new ones from myself. Here is a glimpse into her pinterest board and the direction we will take with this cottage lake house...

The Plan via her Pinterest board

Ship Lap on the ceiling throughout the main level
pin via

Four club chairs facing each other, by the wall of windows
pin via

Coastal accents
pin via

A basket for cozy blankets
pin via

A window seat to lounge and watch the water
pin via

An overall cozy design aesthetic with slipcovered furniture pieces
pin via

A warm and rustic, yet modern style with hints of green accents
pin via

My client is excited to move forward and is so happy about the design vision. She is also a pinner to this board, so she can add and edit the board over time. To see the rest of the board, visit my pinterest page HERE.

Would you feel at home with a cottage like this??
To see this new local design package and other packages I offer, visit my design services page HERE!

Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment