Thursday, April 3, 2014

Moody Walls

Even though spring is on its way around here, I have still been enamored with deep colors and moody walls. For the most part, I like to keep walls light and airy and bring color in through the accessories. But, there are some rooms that can tolerate a dose of a deep hue that is bold and dramatic. I think it's a touch of the unexpected when you have deep walls in one room in your home. Dark walls can be great for bedrooms, offices or any space with a ton of natural light. Here are some great spaces where the walls take center stage. Without this deep wall color, each room would be so different!





I am a fan of dark walls in my own home and have painted our living room a deep brown color...


It's Mink by Benjamin Moore and I love it! Designer Bailey McCarthy has recently used it in her home and I love how she wrapped the color on the window trim, too...


Although it might seem strange to be talking about such deep, saturated hues when spring is finally here, but these rooms are proof that it's a chic look year round!

How about you... do you stick with light walls or do you like deep hues?? Do tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment